The Melbourne District Veteran Golfers Association Inc. was founded in 1983 and is affiliated with The Victorian Veteran Golfers Association Inc. which is in turn affiliated with the Australian Veteran Golfers Union, embracing veteran golfers throughout Australia. Our aim is to foster good fellowship through a common golfing interest embraced by our membership. We play some of the best courses in Melbourne on a regular basis with fields averaging over a 100 players.
- 55 and over
- current member of a Golf Australia affiliated golf club*
- current Golflink handicap
- nominated & seconded by current MDVGA members
*you need to be a member of an independent private golf club or a private golf club associated with a public access golf course.
Membership Costs (for 2020/21)
- Joining fee of $80 including name badge
- Annual Membership subscription is $40
- Cost of games generally range from $60 to $90 (except for premium courses like Yarra Yarra etc. All games include lunch in the cost.
What do we offer?
- annual program includes approximately 20 scheduled rounds in the Melbourne metropolitan area
- Games are held primarily on Monday mornings using shotgun starts
- Bookings are made online
- Guest spots are available at most events
- Most games are stableford
- Play is in 3 handicap divisions with prizes & generous ball run downs
Please note that a pre-requisite of membership of the MDVGA is that you remain a playing member of a Golf Club affiliated with Golf Australia. If you resign your affiliated club membership, then membership of the MDVGA is automatically terminated.
Nominate through your club Liaison Officer or contact the Membership Secretary (Membership Application Form Download Here) Currently there is an initial fee of $120 comprising a $80 joining fee and $40 for the annual subscription and name badge. The annual subscription for the ensuing calendar year is approved at the AGM and is payable in advance, normally by the 30th November. The golfing season commences late January/early February, mostly on Mondays with some Tuesdays, through to mid December – see the Events Schedule for details.