Our Annual General Meeting is to be held on Monday18th September 2023 at Spring Valley Golf Club after completion of the round.
- To confirm the Minutes of the Annual Meeting held on 5 September 2022
- To consider and if thought fit to adopt the Annual Report, Balance Sheet and Statement of account for the year ending 30 June, 2023 (click here to see the report).
- To elect Officers of the Association & Committee members
- To confirm & authorise the nomination & annual fees for 2024
- To authorise completion & lodgement of the necessary Statement to be submitted by the Association in accordance with Part 7 of the Act
- Such matters of which due notice has been given
We are proposing a change to our Rule 8 to enable members of social clubs with a registered Golflink number to join our group – this will bring us into line with what is happening in other States & Districts. A Special Resolution will be presented for member approval at the AGM”
- Change to Rule 8 on eligibility for membership
- To replace the current Rule 8 with the following ;
- “A person is qualified to be a member of the Association if they have attained the age of 55 years and are a financial member of a golf club affiliated with Golf Australia and have an official Golf Australia handicap.
- A member (other than a Life Member) is required to continue to comply with the above to maintain membership of the Association unless they are covered by the provisions of Rule 14(e).
Pursuant to Rule 14(c) to present Honorary Membership to John Sheedy of Spring Valley GC for 20 years membership of MDVGA and acting as Liaison Officer.
*These resolutions require a majority of at least two thirds of the members present
President Larry Wilson *
Secretary Cec Bailey *
Captain Richard Harmer *
Treasurer Brian Scott *
Membership Secretary John Armstrong *
John Baxter #
John James #
Don Hackett (Web Master) **
Tony Jones **
Wayne Reddaway **
Ian Tait (Web Content)**
# stepping down from Committee
* renominated for current Office Bearer positions
** renominated for Committee
**** nominated for Committee
As the number of nominations is less than the number of vacancies, an election will not be necessary. If you cannot attend and would like to vote via Proxy, please download (here), complete & post/email in terms of the instructions on the form.